Vice President, Federal and State Policy
Mid-Atlantic United States
iNACOL’s Mission: is to drive the transformation of education systems and accelerate the advancement of breakthrough policies and practices to ensure high-quality learning for all.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples and three references to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Providing lawmaker education and technical assistance via written memoranda and in-person meetings or presentations.
- Writing blogs, issue briefs, and reports.
- Managing projects, publications, and events in coordination across policy, communications, and events teams as assigned.
- Conducting policy research including but not limited to federal and state policy scans and member surveys.
- Tracking legislation, regulations and other activities at the federal and state levels.
- Building and maintaining relationships with policy makers and staff through in-person meetings and written correspondence.
- Assisting with administrative tasks and ad hoc projects, as assigned.
The Policy Associate:
- Has a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the major policy issues facing K-12 education at the federal and state levels.
- Is an excellent writer, able to produce strong written analysis and communications with minimal supervision.
- Has prior experience interacting with high-level officials with a high degree of professionalism.
The Policy Associate must be responsive and organized. He/she must be capable of effective multi-tasking, keeping multiple strands of assigned work organized, and producing timely, high-quality deliverables.
The Policy Associate must be a prolific and excellent writer, capable of simultaneously delivering multiple work products while leading and/or participating on multiple initiatives.
The Policy Associate must be a self-starter and highly motivated, possessing the ability to be successful and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
The Policy Associate must be mission-driven, with a commitment to advancing iNACOL’s mission, vision, and values.
The key functional skills for this job will include but not be limited to:
- Ability to write. Nothing is more important for success on this job than the ability to independently deliver the highest-quality written deliverables.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Be a quick learner.
- Have strong professional standards and the highest ethical behavior.
The Policy Associate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Excel, PowerPoint and selected database tools, and have experience creating and contributing to web-based publications and content sharing tools.
Experience working for a non-profit organization, government agency, or elected official desirable.
Existing knowledge and experience in the field of K-12 education policy, and in particular, personalized and competency-based learning.
Demonstrated record of effectively managing projects to meet established benchmarks, deadlines, and quality metrics.
Willingness and availability to travel.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This non-profit position features the opportunity to work virtually. This position is full-time.