This is the second vlog in a series sharing highlights from keynote addresses that will focus on current events and themes in education. This video features the topic of global education.
Jordan Tinney of Surrey Schools in British Columbia breaks down his Learning by Design framework with an example of a redesigned curriculum of 6th grade social studies. He has used what he references as “curriculum simplification” in his framework to lead change, build capacity, and create a true culture of learning that is effective in this school district.
- What Leading Education Systems Around the Globe are Doing to Transform Learning – Pt. 1
- Future-Focused Education Innovations: Insights from Global Leaders
- New Zealand Leads the Way on Competency-Based Learning — Part 1
- New Zealand Leads the Way on Competency-Based Learning — Part 2
- From Vermont to New Zealand: Next Generation Approaches to Certifying Student Readiness for Future Success